Maitland's Vertebral Manipulation, 7th Edition
Geoff D. Maitland, MBE, AUA, FCSP, FACP, SASP, MapplSc, Elly Hengeveld, MSc, BPT, OMT, SVOMP, Kevin Banks, BA, MCSP, SRP and Kay English, Dip Tech(Physiotherapy), Grad Dip Adv Manip Ther, MMPAA, MAPA
This classic text has become one of the foundation texts for all modern manual therapists. Maitland's Concept of Manipulative Therapy is established as one of the standard approaches to spinal manipulative techniques, and Maitland's Vertebral Manipulation is an indispensable and authoritative guide to this approach.
- The Maitland Concept of manipulative physiotherapy uses unique assessment processes that serve as the basis for clinical practice.
- Evidence-based material is accessible and relevant to clinical practice.
- Boxes are highlighted in color to reinforce key concepts.
- Discussion of clinical pathology includes clear explanations of treatments.
- Assessment and treatment of patients is clearly explained.
- Case studies encourage critical thinking and application of processes.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- New two-color format adds visual interest and clarifies important concepts, featuring an enhanced layout with user-friendly bullet points and summaries.
- All chapters have been expanded and enhanced to reflect evidence-based information and current practice.
- Techniques are now illustrated with high-quality photographs instead of line drawings, making techniques remarkably clear and easy to follow.
- Each technique for examination and treatment is accompanied by a video sequence on the accompanying CD-ROM.
By Geoff D. Maitland, MBE, AUA, FCSP, FACP, SASP, MapplSc, Consultative Manipulative Therapist, South Australia, Australia; Elly Hengeveld, MSc, BPT, OMT, SVOMP, Senior Teacher, International Maitland Teachers' Association, Oberentfelden, Switzerland; Kevin Banks, BA, MCSP, SRP, IMTA Member, Chartered Physiotherapist, Rotherham Primary Care NHS Trust, UK and Kay English, Dip Tech(Physiotherapy), Grad Dip Adv Manip Ther, MMPAA, MAPA, Private Practitioner, South Australia, Australia
30 March 2012
Discipline: Health Professional
The book is very well laid out, with key information easy to find thanks to the contrasting colour text boxes which are complemented by the detailed diagrams and photos. The book is a great learning tool and independently teaches you how to manipulate and mobilise the spine. Although there is quite a lot of information to take in, the majority of it is useful and well explained. Also the cd included is brilliant, containing invaluable clips of the examination and treatment techniques discussed. I would recommend this book as a must have for any profession that involves any hands on work with the spine.