Churchill's Pocketbook of Pain, 2nd Edition
BY: Catherine F. Stannard, FRCA and Sara Booth, FFARCSI
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
A pocketbook on the management of persisting pain for trainee anaesthetists, palliative care teams and others involved in the management of patients with pain.
- Offers prActical information on managing pain associated with cancer, HIV, and chronic syndromes such as back pain and scar pain.
- Presents valuable insights into the psychology of pain.
- Reviews the basic science of pain and its management.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Presents totally new sections on functional imaging and on the use of strong opioid medications for the relief of non-cancer pain.
- Incorporates all of the newest drugs used in chronic pain management.
- Describes the latest knowledge concerning the physiology of pain.
- Features a new exclusive focus on chronic pain.
"A comprehensive and accessible guide to the management of persisting pain in a quick-reference pocket format, for trainee anaesthetists, palliative care teams and others involved in the management of patients with pain. A great book covering pain management, pain of cancer and advanced HIV disease, chronic pain syndromes and psychology and pain. The basic background is well covered especially for those taking exams."3rd Year Medical Student, Edinburgh University, September 2004
By Catherine F. Stannard, FRCA, Consultant in Pain Management and Anaesthesia, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK; and Sara Booth, FFARCSI, Health Services Fellow and Consultant, Physician in Palliative Medicine (Research), Sir Michael Sobell House, Oxford, UK