Anatomy and Human Movement, 6th Edition By Nigel Palastanga, MA, BA, FCSP, DMS, DipTP and Roger W. Soames, BSc(Human Biology), PhD(Human Sciences)
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
Printed book plus Pageburst access - you will receive a printed book and access to the complete book content electronically. Pageburst enhances learning by not only bringing world class content to your fingertips but also letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it all in a way that suits you. Pageburst frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
Over the past 22 years, Anatomy and Human Movement has grown into a classic textbook, helping students to understand and remember the mechanisms which allow movement to take place. Now in its sixth edition, the approach remains the same - each section of the body is presented systematically where readers are introduced to the bones, then guided through the muscles, joints , nervous system and blood supply. Anatomy of the musculoskeletal system is brought to life through simple full colour artwork following a colour key for clarity and accuracy.
- Detailed account of anatomy
- Stresses relationship between structure and function
- Summary Boxes used for quick revision aids or general overviews
- Over 800 full colour line drawings
- Over 50 photographs (including radiographs)
- Stimulates understanding and learning of anatomy and application to human movement
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Improved and new artwork
- Expansion of joint replacement sections
- Free access anytime, anywhere to the eBook via Pageburst - please refer to inside front cover for your unique PIN and instructions
By Nigel Palastanga, MA, BA, FCSP, DMS, DipTP, Pro Vice Chancellor, University of Wales; formerly Director of Physiotherapy Education, Cardiff University, UK and Roger W. Soames, BSc(Human Biology), PhD(Human Sciences), Cox Professor of Anatomy, Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, UK